Whether you’re looking to watch some of the hottest crime shows on Swedish Tv, or you simply need to access your local bank account, you’ll need a Swedish IP address.
An IP address is simply an address, like your mailing address, that identifies you online via your geographical location. It’s therefore impossible to access any Swedish content unless your IP is in Sweden.
Luckily, even if you’ve travelled abroad, there are several ways to get a Swedish IP address. The most popular way is using a VPN.
Getting a Swedish IP address with a VPN
Using Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to get the IP address of any location – not just Sweden! A VPN uses its large network of servers globally to tunnel your data traffic.
This way, instead of your real IP address, the target website sees the server’s IP address. So, even if you’re in Australia, as long as you connect via a VPN server in Sweden, the websites you access will read that you’re using a Swedish IP address.
The VPN, therefore, gives you a lot of freedom to access whichever sites you want without restrictions. It also allows you to unblock any of your favorite streaming sites like Netflix and Hulu.
Another great benefit of using a VPN is security. Since all your data is tunnelled through an encrypted tunnel, the VPN ensures that all your data is protected at all times.
Here’s a breakdown of how to get your IP address from a VPN:
- Look for a VPN provider that suits your needs and sign up for their service.
- Download the VPN app on your device(s) of choice and set it up
- Launch the app, and pay for your subscription service (for premium services)
- Go to the ‘servers’ section and select a Swedish server.
- Wait for the VPN connection to succeed. (It might not work on the first try. Give it time, clear your browser cache and cookies, then retry)
- Check your IP address from a site like network and confirm that it has changed.
- Start browsing! Your Swedish IP address is already active!
How should you choose a VPN for Sweden?
There being hundreds of VPNs out there, it’s obvious that some of them aren’t reliable. You, therefore, have to choose your VPN wisely. Here are a few things you should look for:
- Servers in Sweden – Since you want a Swedish IP address, the VPN you choose should have at least one server in Sweden.
- Great speeds – VPNs generally affect your speeds, and so you need one offering good speeds for streaming and downloading content.
- Privacy and security – You don’t want a VPN that leaks your real IP location. So, ensure the VPN uses robust security technology like AES-256 encryption, has a kill switch, and possibly has a no-log policy.
- Cross-platform compatibility – the VPN should be compatible with apps on all devices, smartphones, laptops, desktops, and tablets. It should also work with all operating systems.
Best VPNs for a Sweden IP address
After much research, we’ve concluded that the best VPNs for a Sweden IP address are Express VPN, Nord VPN, CyberGhost, and Surfshark. These VPNs offer excellent speeds, great security, and they’re good at unblocking geo-restricted sites.
Keep in mind, however, that the prices of these VPN providers vary a little depending on their features. Therefore, you’ll have to choose one that fits your budget and also your browsing needs.
Getting a Swedish IP address with a VPN
Using a proxy is also another popular way to get a Swedish IP address. Proxy servers work almost similarly to VPNs. They mask your IP address and send out your request to the target website using the server’s Sweden IP address.
Nonetheless, using proxies isn’t the best option because the connections are not encrypted, putting you at risk of cyberattack. Proxies can also get really slow at times when their servers are crowded, which will mean poor streaming experience for you.
You can also try getting a Sweden IP address using the Tor browser, but its also quite slow when accessing streaming websites.
Using a VPN is the best way to get a Swedish IP address. Just be sure to look for a good VPN with stable connections and solid security features.