In windows 10, you have option to pin programs to taskbar for speedy access, but recycle bin in windows 10 does not have this freedom. Moving the recycle bin to taskbar makes a lot of sense, as it allows you to access the recycle bin without navigating to desktop. If you have too many windows opened, you have to minimize them and return to desktop in order to access the recycle bin. As I said, recycle bin does not have the option of Pin to taskbar in windows by default, however there is a very simple way to Pin recycle bin to taskbar in windows 10.
How to pin Recycle bin to taskbar in windows 10
Follow this simple guide to pin recycle bin to taskbar in windows 10:
- Right click on the taskbar and uncheck the option Lock the taskbar to unlock the taskbar.
- Again right-click on the taskbar and selects Toolbars > New toolbar.
- A choose window will open. Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick
Launch in the address bar and click Select Folder. After this you will see that a Quick Launch menu has been added to taskbar.
- Right click on the Quick Launch menu and uncheck Show text and Show title options.
- Again, right-click on the menu, selects View and then select Large icons option.
- Next, drag the recycle bin from desktop to Quick launch menu and drop it when you see Create link in Quick Launch. Now you can see Recycle bin has been pinned to taskbar.
- You may see some other programs in the Quick Launch. Just remove them by right clicking and selecting Delete. Now you are left with only Recycle bin icon. Drag it either left or right to position it as you like.
- Again right-click on the taskbar and check Lock the taskbar taskbar. After this the recycle bin will show in the taskbar something like in the below image.
Now, you can remove the recycle bin from the desktop by navigating to Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings if you want.